Sunday, October 31, 2021

The Book of Life (2014)

Title: The Book of Life
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Release Date: October 17, 2014
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Romance, Musical
Production Co.: Twentieth Century Fox
Director: Jorge R. GutiƩrrez
Starring: Diego Luna, Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who wanted a less musical Coco.

What is this about?
Love conquering all, even death.

When would be a good time to watch this?

October 31 to November 2.

Where does it take place?
San Angel, Mexico.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I like death...and cartoons.

How did I like this?
I had forgotten about this one but I remember being really excited for it. This is exactly my animation style. The movie is so pretty! I wasn't sold on the plot at first, but once the death and despair started I was into it!

This would have benefited from NOT being a musical though. The handful of 30 second songs are not good and are distracting. Except for the one that Manolo sings to the demon bull.

Have you seen The Book of Life? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment