Saturday, October 30, 2021

Don't Look Under the Bed (1999)

Title: Don't Look Under the Bed
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Release Date: October 9, 1999
Genre(s): Fantasy
Production Co.: Walt Disney Television
Director: Kenneth Johnson
Starring: Erin Chambers, Ty Hodges, Robin Riker


Who would I recommend this to?
'90s kids.

What is this about?
Teen girl and imaginary friend versus boogeyperson!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Spooky Season or when you need to remind yourself that YES, this movie did actually exist.

Where does it take place?
Middleburg.

Why did I decide to watch this?
As a kid...because Halloween and Disney Channel. Now because I haven't seen it in a billion years.

How did I like this?

Another movie I was obsessed with as a kid and thought I had hallucinated because it totally disappeared for awhile. Which it did because parents said it was too dark. It actually is quite mature when compared to other DCOMs, but it is also one of the best! It handles several serious topics in an approachable and fun way without minimizing the seriousness.

I loved that Francis skipped a grade! So did I! Not at the time this movie came out, but later. She's a 14 year old freshman, which I always thought was normal. I was 12. It was an uncommon choice to make her act more grown up as part of the plot conflict.

Have you seen Don't Look Under the Bed? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment