Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Sharktopus (2010)

Title: Sharktopus
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 1 hour 29 minutes
Release Date: September 25, 2010
Genre(s): Horror, Comedy
Production Co.: New Horizons Picture
Director: Declan O'Brien
Starring: Eric Roberts, Kerem Bursin, Sara Malakul Lane


Who would I recommend this to?
Someone who can appreciate SyFy Channel Originals for what they are.

What is this about?
A shark-octopus creature goes on a killing spree after escaping from the US Navy.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Shark Week would be the best, but anytime is a good time for Sharktopus.

Where does it take place?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I kept seeing promo for it and got so freaking excited, and I've seen it a billion times since then.

How did I like this?
I love this movie. It is the definition of ridiculous and fun. No, the special effects and acting aren't the best, but the movie has heart! While everyone was raving over Sharknado (also ridiculous and fun), I was firmly on team Sharktopus. There's something about seeing a Great White Shark prance around on eight legs.

Have you seen Sharktopus? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. Omg I love these dumb movies! I swear I've seen all the Sharktopus vs whatever-other-ridiculous-creatures movies 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My mom thinks I'm completely insane because I'm obsessed with Sharktopus. I even convinced my aunt to crochet me a stuffed Sharktopus and now she sells them on Etsy!

      Delete