Sunday, October 24, 2021

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Title: Little Shop of Horrors
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 34 minutes
Release Date: December 19, 1986
Genre(s): Sci-Fi, Romance, Musical
Production Co.: The Geffen Company
Director: Frank Oz
Starring: Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Vincent Gardenia


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and other bizarre musicals.

What is this about?
A Venus flytrap from outer space tries to take over Earth.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Spooky Season, on a long flight...

Where does it take place?
Skid Row.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I know I saw it as a kid, because of course I did, but I hadn't seen it since then, so I was on a long flight...

How did I like this?
It's so fun! Audrey II is such a great villain and Seymour is the adorable nerd hero we all need. The songs are fun, if not all together memorable. Some of the scenes are pretty random and strange and break the flow of the movie a bit, but overall I enjoy it a lot.

This needs a modern remake ASAP!

Have you seen Little Shop of Horrors? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment