Friday, October 8, 2021

Scary Movie (2000)

Title: Scary Movie
Rating: R
Run Time: 1 hour 28 minutes
Release Date: July 7, 2000
Genre(s): Comedy
Production Co.: Dimension Films
Director: Keenen Ivory Wayans
Starring: Anna Faris, Jon Abrahams, Marlon Wayans


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes raunchy spoof movies.

What is this about?
Some teens accidentally kill a guy and a year later someone lets them know that they know what they did...

When would be a good time to watch this?
In 2000, or during a Halloween party.

Where does it take place?
"A small college town."

Why did I decide to watch this?
This was like the movie of 2000, so yeah. I hadn't seen it in forever though.

How did I like this?
I know a ton of these jokes went over my head as a ten-year-old but at least I got the movie references! I definitely picked up more now, and this movie is still funny. It started the spoof movie trend, but this is still the superior one. But like most movies from this period, many of the jokes would not land today.

It was also fun to pick up all of the hints of who the killer was, even though you'd probably guess if you're familiar with all of the movies referenced.

Have you seen Scary Movie? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment