Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The Christmas Chronicles (2018)

Title: The Christmas Chronicles
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Release Date: November 22, 2018
Genre(s): Fantasy
Production Co.: 1492 Pictures
Director: Clay Kaytis
Starring: Kurt Russell, Darby Camp, Judah Lewis
 

Who would I recommend this to?
Christmas enthusiasts.

What is this about?
A pair of siblings attempt to catch Santa on film on Christmas Eve and wind up as stowaways on his sleigh.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Christmastime.

Where does it take place?
Chicago.

Why did I decide to watch this?
It's Christmastime and this is a Christmas movie.

How did I like this?

I had so much trouble accepting Kurt Russel as Santa Claus, since I'm so use to him as Stunt Man Mike in Deathproof. Is he going to crash the sleigh and kill the kids?! Aahhh! I mean, obviously he doesn't. Well, he does crash the sleigh, but no one dies, except maybe the world's Christmas spirit. But once I got into it, I loved seeing a grumpy, possibly serial-killer Santa!

This is a pretty typical must help Santa save Christmas movie, but like I said, grumpy Santa was a fun change. And PAIGE MICHALCHUK cameo! It's always a good time when Santa gets arrested.

Have you seen The Christmas Chronicles? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment