Monday, March 29, 2021

Oliver & Company (1988)

Title: Oliver & Company
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 14 minutes
Release Date: November 18, 1988
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: George Scribner
Starring: Joey Lawrence, Billy Joel, Cheech Marin


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of 80s movies and animals.

What is this about?
A kitten and a little rich girl looking for love and find each other.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever.

Where does it take place?
New York City.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I know I watched it a lot as a kid.

How did I like this?
It's super cute and the songs are just as catchy as I remembered! It also feels SUPER 80s, since this was the first contemporary setting for these animated films.

I did find myself not caring about the human characters as much as the animals, and the plot connecting them felt forced, but it's unique.

Have you seen Oliver & Company? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment