Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Dumbo (1941)

Title: Dumbo
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 3 minutes
Release Date: October 31, 1941
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Samuel Armstrong, Norman Ferguson
Starring: Sterling Holloway, Edward Brophy, Herman Bing


Who would I recommend this to?
No one, really. Watch the live action instead.

What is this about?
A baby elephant that's stolen from his mother, made fun of, and exploited.

When would be a good time to watch this?
If you're doing a classic animation marathon (like I am) or for research purposes.

Where does it take place?
A traveling circus somewhere...it goes through Florida at the beginning...

Why did I decide to watch this?
Like I said, it's part of my marathon. I don't remember the first time I watch it; I was super little.

How did I like this?
This is one of very few Disney animations that I don't like. I don't know if I liked it as a kid either. The story isn't interesting at all, the songs are boring, and it's kind of depressing. Dumbo, the character, is adorable though.

On top of that, it's racist as hell. Disney+ even has a disclaimer that pops up before the movie.

Have you seen Dumbo? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment