Saturday, April 27, 2019

X-Men (2000)

Title: X-Men
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 44 minutes
Release Date: July 14, 2000
Genre(s): Sci-Fi
Production Co.: Twentieth Century Fox
Director: Bryan Singer
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen


Who would I recommend this to?
Sci-Fi Fans. Action movie fans. Sookie Stackhouse admirers.

What is this about?
Human evolution. Superhumans. Explosions.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you need a little action in your life! Maybe date night?

Where does it take place?
Future America. Specifically, New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I remember watching the X-Men cartoon all the time as a kid, and I remember remembering that every time another movie was added to this series. Yet, I never watched any of them.

How did I like this?
It was fun! I was expecting action and excitement, but there were some unexpected humorous and heartfelt moments as well. I also thought this was a superhero movie, but it's not, which I liked. It's just superhumans doing superhuman things, rather than specifically setting out to save the world.

The special effects are kind of cheesy though. But I think that has more to do with age rather than them being bad. The technology is 20 years old, sooo...

I'm definitely left wanting more! Thankfully, there's plenty of movies to give an X for the A to Z Blogging Challenge for years to come!

Have you seen X-Men? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen X-Men? may be. not sure.
    If not, would you watch it? let me check on YouTube.

    A to Z participant Narayana Rao Evolution of Operations Management

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have most of this series on DVD, at least through the more recent ones that changed the timeline. LOL! I always enjoy them.

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Xylophone

    ReplyDelete