Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hidden Figures (2017)

Title: Hidden Figures
Rating: PG
Run Time: 2 hours 7 minutes
Release Date: January 6, 2017
Genre(s): Biography
Production Co.: Fox 2000 Pictures
Director: Theodore Melfi
Starring: Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae


Who would I recommend this to?
History buffs. STEM girls.

What is this about?
The super amazing black women who did the math for NASA's first manned shuttle launch into orbit!

When would be a good time to watch this?
I really don't know. I think this is one of those movies you need to be in the mood for.

Where does it take place?
1960s Virginia. Mostly in the NASA offices.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I found the book really interesting, but kind of slow to get through. So I figured the movie would be a more engaging format for the story of these amazing women.

How did I like this?
"Here at NASA, we all pee the same color."

I liked it a lot. It took the book, and condensed it down to the highlights and most interesting parts. Of course, it added some bits to make it entertaining.

Have you seen (or read) Hidden Figures? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. I watched Hidden Figures. The pace was slow, but still held my interest. You are right... they were amazing women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic movie, infuriating at times but based on history. It was so well done.

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Hen

    ReplyDelete