Thursday, April 18, 2019

Pete's Dragon (2016)

Title: Pete's Dragon
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 42 minutes
Release Date: August 12, 2016
Genre(s): Fantasy
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: David Lowery
Starring: Bryce Dallas Howard, Robert Redford, Oakes Fegley


Who would I recommend this to?
I feel like this one will appeal more to kids rather than Disney loving adults.

What is this about?
In true Disney fashion, it all starts with the death of Pete's parents. Then he's raised by a dragon in the woods where their car crashed. So basically it's The Jungle Book in a forest with a dragon instead of the jungle with a bear.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever.

Where does it take place?
Millhaven. Wherever that is.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I honestly don't know. I own it, but I can't even remember this movie coming out. I know I've seen the original, but the only thing that I remember from it is the song. Everyone knows the song.

How did I like this?
I liked it well enough. It's fairly predictable, but it did make me cry. Twice. Okay, three times. I have a dragon sensitivity.

Um, excuse me, but where is the song?! You know all know the one...WTF?!

Have you seen Pete's Dragon? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment: