Monday, April 15, 2019

Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things (2016)

Title: Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things
Rating: NR
Run Time: 1 hour 18 minutes
Release Date: 2016
Genre(s): Documentary
Production Co.: Catalyst
Director: Matt D'Avella
Starring: Joshua Fields Millburn, Ryan Nicodemus, Joshua Becker, Dan Harris, Sam Harris


Who would I recommend this to?
Huggers. People who are new to or are interested in minimalism. People who like documentaries about alternative lifestyles.

What is this about?
"There's more to life than bills and money and work."

"Is this useful."

When would be a good time to watch this?

The best time would probably be if you're looking to make some changes in your life. Maybe minimalism isn't for you, but this documentary will give you a lot to think about.

Where does it take place?
Consumerist America. Probably in your own home.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Honestly, because I recently became obsessed with The Minimalists while starting my own minimalist journey. I binged their podcast, read their books, so watching the film was a logical next step.

How did I like this?
I did enjoy it quite a bit, especially the section on tiny houses!!!

However...Josh in the desert? That was seriously out of place and self-indulgent. There's no other way to describe that. I hope there's none of that in their next documentary.

Have you seen Minimalism? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment