Friday, April 19, 2019

Quest for Camelot (1998)

Title: Quest for Camelot
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 26 minutes
Release Date: May 15, 1998
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy
Production Co.: Warner Bros.
Director: Frederik Du Chau
Starring: Jessalyn Gilsig, Cary Elwes, Andrea Corr


Who would I recommend this to?
Kids. Fans of old school animation.

What is this about?
Kayley goes on a quest...for Camelot...

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever. On a boring weekend.

Where does it take place?
Camelot.

Why did I decide to watch this?
It's the first movie to come to mind when I was thinking of a Q for the A to Z Blogging Challenge, and I honestly don't know if I had ever watched it as a kid.

How did I like this?
This one is jam-packed with musical numbers. Sadly, only one of them is particularly memorable: I Stand Alone. The Villain's song did have cool imagery, but the song was rhythmically and lyrically lacking. And was a convenient distraction so Kayley could sneak away.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed this one more a long time ago, but it was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Have you seen Quest for Camelot? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment