Monday, April 1, 2019

Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)

Title: Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Release Date: 2001
Genre(s): Animation, Adventure
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise
Starring: Michael J. Fox, James Garner, Claudia Christian


Who would I recommend this to?
Disney fans, obviously. People who like funny adventure films.

What is this about?
The adorable Milo has been studying the legend of Atlantis and sets out to find it! Adventure (and gorgeous animation) ensues! Not a musical.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you have 90 minutes to spare and want a fast paced, geeky adventure. Or on a rainy afternoon like I did.

Where does it take place?
Washington D.C. in 1914! Something a little different for Disney. Plus under water, of course. Mostly under water.

Why did I decide to watch this?
It's Disney. I own it. It's on Netflix. Yet, I hadn't seen it. Kicking off the A to Z Blogging Challenge seemed like a good enough reason to finally fix that.

How did I like this?
Milo's crew is quite colorful. Yay (stereotypical) diversity and fun personalities! The demolitianist cracked me up. "I just like to blow things up."

Why is Kida not a Disney Princess? Why is there no Atlantisland? It would be so pretty! Why is there no Atlantis ride?! Water ride!

Seriously, why did I wait so long to watch this?! I know it's not one of the classics or even one the more popular Disney movies, but it was so good! It also seems to be on the "sexier" and violent end of the spectrum. Definitely PG.

Have you seen Atlantis? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment