Friday, April 5, 2019

The Emperor's New Groove (2000)

Title: The Emperor's New Groove
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 19 minutes
Release Date: December 15, 2000
Genre(s): Animation
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Mark Dindal
Starring: David Spade, John Goodman, Eartha Kitt, Patrick Warburton


Who would I recommend this to?
Disney and David Spade fans.

What is this about?
It's Disney's take on the Emperor's New Clothes. Except the emperor isn't naked; he's just self-absorbed.

"Beware the groove. Groooooove..."

When would be a good time to watch this?
On a lazy afternoon. Possibly cuddling with your dog.

Where does it take place?

"Long ago, somewhere deep in the jungle..." according to the opening scene.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I actually saw this for the first (and previously only) time on the bus during my Senior trip to Disneyland. I didn't remember a darn thing, other than that it was on. We also watched the Little Mermaid and had a sing-a-long. It was about time for a real viewing.

How did I like this?
It's so fun and funny! Not what I was expecting, but I still liked it a lot. Mostly because of Kronk though.

Have you seen The Emperor's New Groove? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

3 comments:

  1. Angie,

    I have not seen this little film but you mentioned the Little Mermaid, so you may want to stop off at my place to check out my latest A2Z art sketch in my The Little Mermaid series E is for Eric! Happy a2zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... The Emperor's New Groove is one of my favorite Disney animated films! So much humor... even the villains were funny.

    ReplyDelete