Monday, April 8, 2019

Ghostbusters (2016)

Title: Ghostbusters
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 56 minutes
Release Date: July 15, 2016
Genre(s): Comedy, Fantasy
Production Co.: Columbia Pictures
Director: Paul Feig
Starring: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes funny science movies.

What is this about?
Smart women doing science to prove the existence of ghosts!

When would be a good time to watch this?
I watched this alone on a quiet afternoon, but I think it would be really fun to watch it during a girls' night or a date night or with your mom or something like that.

Where does it take place?
New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
The future is female! It's all lady remake of Ghostbusters, so obviously I wanted to see it.

How did I like this?
This was so much fun! I was worried that it was going to be a repeat of Bridesmaids, but thankfully it wasn't. The humor was just spot on!

The cameos and nods to the original were also really well done without being ridiculous. I'm glad they mostly kept this as its own thing.

The special effects are questionable, but I think it fits the goofy feel of the movie. If that makes sense.

Have you seen Ghostbusters? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. I watched this mainly out of curiosity, and was surprised how much I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never seen Ghostbusters, save for a few clips and a parody done by a bank for their tv commercial at present. It looks like fun, though!
    Thanks for visiting my Guest Post on the A to Z blog. I find thinking of topics hard, but usually something crops up to inspire me!
    Good luck with the rest of the month :)
    Jemima

    ReplyDelete