Saturday, April 25, 2020

Viking Warrior Women (2019)

Title: Viking Warrior Women
Rating: PG
Run Time: 44 minutes
Release Date: 2019
Genre(s): Documentary, Biography
Production Co.: National Geographic
Director: -
Starring: Ella Al-Shamahi, Leszek Gardela, Charlotte Hedenstierna Jonson


Who would I recommend this to?
History buffs.

What is this about?
Archaeologists find a female skeleton in a viking warrior grave.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you have an hour to learn something.

Where does it take place?
Northern Europe.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I needed a V for Blogging From A to Z and this seemed interesting.

How did I like this?
I'm super glad and impressed that they didn't just immediately assume that this skeleton meant women fought alongside the men. They actually said maybe this skeleton belonged to someone who identified as a man, especially since the grave contents suggested this was a commander. Either possibility is interesting.

Have you seen Viking Warrior Women? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it but I've heard about it.

    I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.

    J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete