Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Stargirl (2020)

Title: Stargirl
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 47 minutes
Release Date: March 13, 2020
Genre(s): Romance
Production Co.: Disney+
Director: Julia Hart
Starring: Grace VanderWaal, Graham Verchere, Giancarlo Esposito


Who would I recommend this to?
Uhhh..

What is this about?
Loser guy falls for quirky new girl. It's based on a book that I haven't read.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever.

Where does it take place?
Some high school somewhere in Arizona.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I needed an S for Blogging From A to Z.

How did I like this?
I didn't? I was super confused at the beginning because I thought it was set in the 70s or something until I saw a smartphone. Stargirl has no personality other than quirky since she's just there to serve as the object of Leo's obsession. There is a pretty good "be yourself" message here, but it got lost in the nonsense that is the school's reaction to Stargirl.

Have you seen Stargirl? What did you think?

If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment