Thursday, April 2, 2020

Bears (2014)

Title: Bears
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 18 minutes
Release Date: April 18, 2014
Genre(s): Documentary
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director:  Alastair Fothergill, Keith Scholey
Starring: John C Reilly


Who would I recommend this to?
People who like nature documentaries that are more story driven than purely observational.

What is this about?
The first year of life for two brown bear cubs, Scout and Amber. And salmon migration.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Right now, while you're probably in isolation or at least social distancing.

Where does it take place?
Alaska.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I generally love these Disney Nature documentaries.

How did I like this?
Baby bears are absolutely adorable. However, while I like John C Reilly as an actor, I did not enjoy his narration. His voice wasn't engaging and didn't have that emotional pull these films require. Thankfully, this one was more uplifting than the others.

Have you seen Bears? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. I watch movies galore and every now and then I will post a bunch of quick reviews on my blog. But I like your format here. Maybe I should just do a separate movie blog. You've given me much to think about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it, but it totally sounds like something I would love to watch.

    My B is for Bern, Switzerland's capital, (their mascot is a bear!) and a look at how our government is organized. Mostly, though, nice sightseeing pictures :-)

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-bundeshaus-bern.html

    ReplyDelete