Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Haunted Mansion (2003)

Title: The Haunted Mansion
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 28 minutes
Release Date: November 26, 2003
Genre(s): Fantasy
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Rob Minkoff
Starring: Eddie Murphy, Marsha Thomason, Jennifer Tilly


Who would I recommend this to?
Umm...weirdos like me...

What is this about?
A workaholic real estate agent gets a bit more than he bargained for when he delays a family vacation in favor of a sale when a huge, yet creepy manor goes on the market.

When would be a good time to watch this?
During Halloween season.

Where does it take place?
At the haunted mansion.

Why did I decide to watch this?
To be completely honest, it was an accident. I forgot this movie ever even existed. But it came on during an afternoon rest during my birthday trip to Disney World. Then since I missed the beginning, I watched it again on Disney+.

How did I like this?
I actually really liked it. I wouldn't say it's a good movie, but it was a good one for me. The plot makes zero sense, and the connections to the ride are forced at best. But I laughed and found myself smiling a lot. I did roll my eyes really hard at the "They were different worlds" line because, obviously, historical racism.

Have you seen The Haunted Mansion? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the A-Z, and no, I haven't watched this particular Disney film, but I like most of their films that I've watched so yes, I'd give it a go...all the best!

    ReplyDelete