Monday, April 20, 2020

Queen of Katwe (2016)

Title: Queen of Katwe
Rating: PG
Run Time: 2 hours 4 minutes
Release Date: September 30, 2016
Genre(s): Biography
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Mira Nair
Starring: Madina Nalwanga, David Oyelowo, Lupita Nyong'o


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of true stories, sports films, movies about overcoming adversity.

What is this about?
Phiona, a girl from the slums, becomes a chess champion!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you have 2 hours to spare.

Where does it take place?
Uganda.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I needed a Q for A to Z Blogging Challenge.

How did I like this?
I liked it better than I thought I would. I don't know anything about chess, but I do sometimes I enjoy underdog stories. I definitely found myself cheering for Phiona and the other kids from Katwe, even if I wasn't always interested in the story.

Have you seen Queen of Katwe? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment