Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Lion King (1994)

Title: The Lion King
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 28 minutes
Release Date: June 24, 1994
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Adventure, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff
Starring: Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones


Who would I recommend this to?
Animal movie lovers.

What is this about?
A lion cub feels responsible for his father's death but must defeat his evil uncle.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you want to laugh and cry.

Where does it take place?
The Pride Lands, Africa.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I was a '90s kid, so Disney, duh.

How did I like this?
The Lion King wins for best opening in a movie. No contest. This would make an excellent alarm that I wouldn't mind waking up to.

It always makes me cry. I just can't help it. Sad tears, happy tears. All of the tears. Then I think about how hard the video game was and cry some more because I couldn't get past the "Just Can't Wait to Be King" section.

Have you seen The Lion King? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment