Friday, July 9, 2021

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)

Title: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 31 minutes
Release Date: June 21, 1996
Genre(s): Animation, Drama, Fantasy, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise
Starring: Tom Hulce, Demi Moore, Tony Jay


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone emotionally mature enough to appreciate this surprisingly dark kids' movie.

What is this about?
A deformed young man wishes to leave his prison.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you have time for EMOTIONS!!!

Where does it take place?
Paris, France.

Why did I decide to watch this?
As a kid, Disney, duh. Now, because I freaking love it.

How did I like this?
It always surprises me that this one is rated G. It's PG at least. It's very mature and dark. "Hellfire" is the most inappropriate Disney song EVER, and it's my all-time favorite villain song. In fact, this whole soundtrack is A+++ and severely underappreciated. I think it gets lost because people prefer to watch the lighter movies with bubbly songs.

Have you seen The Hunchback of Notre Dame? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment