Friday, July 16, 2021

Dinosaur (2000)

Title: Dinosaur
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 22 minutes
Release Date: May 19, 2000
Genre(s): Animation, Adventure
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Eric Leighton, Ralph Zondag
Starring: D.B. Sweeney, Julianna Margulies, Samuel E. Wright


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who grew up on Land Before Time.

What is this about?
Dinosaurs migrating to a safer place after a meteor shower.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Back in 2000.

Where does it take place?
Earth...somewhere....

Why did I decide to watch this?
I remember this movie being a HUGE deal back when it first released. We saw it in theaters. Then the world promptly forgot about it.

How did I like this?
I don't think I liked it as a kid. It felt like Disney trying to do Land Before Time, but missing the mark. The animation was the real reason to watch this back then, because it was truly something new and spectacular. The focus was definitely on the animation rather than the plot.

I still think this movie looks great, even if it's not quite as impressive anymore. I also liked the story a bit more this time around, since I can notice the typical Disney "outside" formula, which I actually really enjoy.

Have you seen Dinosaur? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment