Thursday, July 8, 2021

Pocahontas (1995)

Title: Pocahontas
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 21 minutes
Release Date: June 23, 1995
Genre(s): Animation, Romance, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Mike Gabriel, Eric Goldberg
Starring: Irene Bedard, Mel Gibson, Linda Hunt


Who would I recommend this to?
I'm not sure honestly. This is a tough one.

What is this about?
Umm...not historical events for sure...

When would be a good time to watch this?
Uhh...maybe not.

Where does it take place?
Jamestown, Virginia.

Why did I decide to watch this?
As a kid, because Disney, duh. And I watched it all the freaking town. Now just to watch everything.

How did I like this?
Loved it as a kid, still really enjoyed it as an adult but...Big But...it's hard to look past the problems. This is definitely a problematic fave. The songs are A+ and the animal friends are adorable. But this one just does not hold up in 2021. I still like it. Just not as much as I use to.

Have you seen Pocahontas? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. I lived near Jamestown, Virginia when this movie came out, and all these years later I still have one question: where are those waterfalls?

    ReplyDelete