Friday, April 16, 2021

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018)

Title: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 39 minutes
Release Date: November 2, 2018
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Lasse Hallström, Joe Johnston
Starring: Mackenzie Foy, Keira Knightley, Morgan Freeman


Who would I recommend this to?
I don't know...this fits a very specific audience.

What is this about?
A girl travels into a magical world and must save its residents from evil.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Christmastime.

Where does it take place?
The Four Realms.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I needed an N for the A to Z Challenge.

How did I like this?
I found this movie quite boring. I love the set design, but I was not interested in the plot at all. And I'm scared of clowns, sooo....

Keira Knightley's acting is atrocious. She was so over-the-top and obvious, there was so subtlety. Just stamp LIAR onto her character's forehead.

Have you seen The Nutcracker and the Four Realms? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. I had high hopes for this movie; the original Nutcracker story is so weird. But, yeah, I remember it looking rather nice but being a bit boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney gave a huge amount of promotion to this movie but it didn't seem to help. I still haven't seen it. Maybe next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete