Thursday, April 15, 2021

Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

Title: Mary Poppins Returns
Rating: PG
Run Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Release Date: December 19, 2018
Genre(s): Fantasy, Drama, Musical
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Rob Marshall
Starring: Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw


Who would I recommend this to?
Whoever likes Mary Poppins.

What is this about?
A magical nanny helps a family save their house.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you need something to do for two hours.

Where does it take place?
London.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I needed an M for the A to Z Challenge and it's Disney.

How did I like this?
It's better than I thought it would be. I'm not a big fan of the original so I had pretty low expectations. I don't like most of the songs though; the original does win on that front.

The kids are annoying, but the villain is pretty good. He's realistic which is the scariest kind.

Have you seen Mary Poppins Returns? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, we loved this one, the kids especially, and it meant we could introduce them to the original as well :-)
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/15/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-m/

    ReplyDelete