Thursday, April 1, 2021

Atlantis: Milo's Return (2003)

Title: Atlantis: Milo's Return
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Release Date: May 20, 2003
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Disney Television Animation
Director: Victor Cook, Toby Shelton
Starring: James Arnold Taylor, Cree Summer, John Mahoney


Who would I recommend this to?
Not Kida fans.

What is this about?
Kida, Milo, and the crew investigate possible Atlantic connections on the surface.

When would be a good time to watch this?
After the first one, so you can appreciate the original even more.

Where does it take place?
All over.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I was very pleasantly surprised by how good the first one was.

How did I like this?
It immediately rubbed me the wrong way with how stupid they made Kida. Of course she doesn't know much about the world outside of Atlantis, but forcing her to misunderstand every single one of Milo's explanations wasn't funny or cute. Kida is a smart, powerful woman and I believe she'd learn quickly, even if she thinks things are ridiculous.

I totally wasn't expecting the Norse mythology twist, which was actually pretty cool. And Kida looked hot dressed like a viking.

Have you seen Atlantis: Milo's Return? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

9 comments:

  1. I love how you said watch it after the first one, to appreciate the original more. Some movies are not meant to have sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They made a second one? To be honest, while I enjoyed the first Atlantic (like you, pleasantly surprised), it never struck me as something to franchise -- there are no memorable characters for me anyway!
    Ed - wizzardSS Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the characters a lot, but yeah, there's not much there to make more movies.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even know there was a sequel! Will have to hunt it out on Disney + - perfect for the kids over Easter holidays!
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/01/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-a/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never saw this one. I do remember the first movie, got it for my kids.
    --
    Tim Brannan, 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember this one which is surprising because when my girls were younger they always seemed to love the Disney sequels the best. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Disney sequels are really good. This is not one of them.

      Delete
  6. Yay, a movie review blog. I probably wouldn’t watch this, but should I need to recommend, I know a little about it now. I agree, should always see the first movie if there’s a sequel.

    ReplyDelete