Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Kazaam (1996)

Title: Kazaam
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 33 minutes
Release Date: July 17, 1996
Genre(s): Fantasy, Comedy
Production Co.: Touchstone Pictures
Director: Paul Michael Glaser
Starring: Shaquille O'Neal, Francis Capra, Ally Walker


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who doesn't take things too seriously.

What is this about?
A boy finds a rapping genie and his long lost music executive father.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you need some high quality 90s entertainment.

Where does it take place?
New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I know I was totally obsessed with this movie as a kid and had to watch it as my K for the A to Z challenge!

How did I like this?
This movie is totally as great as I remembered. I have such a soft spot for mid-90s movies since I was old enough to actually remember that time, but still young enough that of course it was awesome. There's no way something like this would get made to day, and not just because of the questionable aspects of it. I mean, basketball player turned actor turned rapper playing a rapping genie? Genius.

And it has a lot of heart.

Have you seen Kazaam? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. I think I have seen many of these kind of 90's movies but they are kind of forgettable. It might be fun to a few hours of entertainment but I don't know if I would have watched it a second time.

    This movie reminds me of Space Jam - basketball player turned actor and there is a cartoon-like free to it.

    Have a lovely day.

    My A-Z posts are here.

    ReplyDelete