Saturday, October 17, 2020

Casper (1995)

Title: Casper
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Release Date: May 26, 1995
Genre(s): Fantasy
Production Co.: Universal Pictures
Director: Brad Silberling
Starring: Bill Pullman, Christina Ricci, Cathy Moriarty


Who would I recommend this to?
Everyone.

What is this about?
Casper, a friendly ghost, befriends a girl when she and her father move into his house.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Halloweentime! Or a '90s movie night...

Where does it take place?
Whipstaff Manor in Maine.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I don't remember my first time watching it, because I was probably 5 or 6, but I remember watching it a lot because it's awesome.

How did I like this?
I always forget about the con-artist plot of this movie. For me, it's all about Casper and Kat and the treasure! Although I suppose the whole plot is about the "treasure" and finding Kat's dead mother.

Despite such a dark plot, this movie is super funny and cute. And every tween girl in '95 wanted a cute boy to say "Can I keep you?" to her. And we all wanted a Whipstaff Manor ride, but probably minus the shaving cream.

Have you seen Casper? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment