Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Up (2009)

Title: Up
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
Release Date: May 29, 2009
Genre(s): Animation, Adventure
Production Co.: Pixar Animation Studios
Director: Pete Docter, Bob Peterson
Starring: Edward Asner, Jordan Nagai, John Ratzenberger


Who would I recommend this to?
People who like to cry and like dogs. And grumpy old men.

What is this about?
Carl finally lives out his and his late wife's dream of traveling to Paradise Falls. However, he's not the only one going on this adventure.

When would be a good time to watch this?
You'll need ten-ish minutes to cry at the beginning, so whenever you can accommodate for that.

Where does it take place?
In a flying house on its way to Paradise Falls.

Why did I decide to watch this?
It's a Disney Pixar movie, duh. This was only my second time watching it though, which is unusual.

How did I like this?
Let me sound like a grown-up for a minute: It was nice to see a couple who was loving and fulfilled without having children. That's it. Even if their relationship ends in tragedy and rips your heart out before the movie even gets going!

That opening scene was the only thing I remembered before my rewatch. This movie is cute, but ultimately forgettable. I adore Dug though.

Have you seen Up? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment