Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Cars (2006)

Title: Cars
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 57 minutes
Release Date: June 9, 2006
Genre(s): Animation
Production Co.: Pixar Animation Studios
Director: John Lasseter, Joe Ranft
Starring: Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, Paul Newman


Who would I recommend this to?
I honestly don't know. While I adore this movie, I don't think it's that popular. At least comparatively. It's a weird one.

What is this about?
Rookie racecar with a big head gets stuck in the middle of nowhere where he learns the value of friendship and regains a more humble confidence.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you have 2 hours and need a little pick me up.

Where does it take place?
Radiator Springs. California.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I actually wasn't too interested in this when it first came out, but my friend's mom took us to see it. And of course I wound up liking it more than her little sister did.

How did I like this?
Like I just said, I adored this movie. It doesn't really look like my thing, other than being Disney, but it's so funny and unique. There are NO HUMANS OR ANIMALS! Anthropomorphic cars, KACHOW!

We all know that kids' movies contain jokes for the parents, and this movie is no exception. There are sooo many adult jokes! That might be why at 16, I enjoyed this more than the six-year-old... 

And, yes, even a movie about talking cars made me cry.

But I am sooo sick of "Life is a Highway." Can we please retire that song? Forever!

Have you seen Cars? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment