Friday, May 21, 2021

Reign - Season 4 (2017)

Title: Reign - Season 4
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 42 minutes
Release Date: February 10, 2017
Genre(s): Drama, Romance, Historical
Production Co.:  CBS Television Studios
Starring: Adelaide Kane, Megan Follows, Torrance Coombs


Who would I recommend this to?
People who like their historical dramas to be historically inaccurate but very dramatic. Gossip Girl fans.

What is this about?
Mary Queen of Scots versus Queen Elizabeth of England, and random other plots.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Now, if you haven't seen it before. Lockdown would have been a good time too.

Where does it take place?
France and England and finally Scotland.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I watched it when it originally aired because the dresses. And it looked like historical Gossip Girl.

How did I like this?
It started out much better than Season 3, but it did feel like they ran out of new conflicts since they keep bringing in new characters to fill in the holes. Characters that I have no reason to care about because it's already the end. Like, am I suppose to want Darnley to be with Mary? Or do I want him to have his true love? Do I care? No, because who is he?! By the end I was just irritated with the back and forth. Off with his head! Problem solved.

Narcisse continues to be the most interesting character, and I'm surprised he lasted this long. That man can get out of anything. And with Catherine at his side, he's unstoppable. I was still hoping for them to kill off everyone and rule all three countries themselves. Maybe thrown in Spain for fun as well.

The final two episodes did ramp up the drama and the tension again, but....meh.

Have you seen Reign? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment