Monday, May 24, 2021

Hairspray (2007)

Title: Hairspray
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 57 minutes
Release Date: July 20, 2007
Genre(s): Musical, Romance
Production Co.: New Line Cinema
Director: Adam Shankman
Starring: John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Nikki Blonsky


Who would I recommend this to?
Everyone who likes musicals, even just a little bit.

What is this about?
Overcoming prejudice through dance!

When would be a good time to watch this?
All the time.

Where does it take place?
Baltimore. There's a whole song about it.

Why did I decide to watch this?
When it first came out because it was a musical. Now because it's one of the best musicals.

How did I like this?
I am obsessed with this movie. From the opening song to the closing song, everything is A+++.

There's an excellent plot and subplots and romances(s) and singing and dancing and Zac Efron. And I need that shower curtain dress Amanda Bynes is wearing at the end. I'm pretty sure this movie and that dress kicked off my obsession with vintage and retro fashion.

Have you seen Hairspray? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment