Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Reign - Season 2 (2014-15)

Title: Reign - Season 2
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 42 minutes
Release Date: October 2, 2014
Genre(s): Drama, Romance, Historical
Production Co.:  CBS Television Studios
Starring: Adelaide Kane, Megan Follows, Torrance Coombs


Who would I recommend this to?
People who like their historical dramas to be historically inaccurate but very dramatic. Gossip Girl fans.

What is this about?
Mary Queen of Scots' new marriage to King Francis and other political intrigue.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Now, if you haven't seen it before. Lockdown would have been a good time too.

Where does it take place?
France.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I watched it when it originally aired because the dresses. And it looked like historical Gossip Girl.

How did I like this?
I remembered exactly nothing from this season at all. It's a lot of politics, procreation, and the return of the paranormal. I do wish the paranormal had been stronger. It's a fun twist for this already dramatized account of events.

I do miss King Henry though. Bash has made Kenna boringly domestic and I was so sick of him.

The focus has moved away from Mary and Francis a bit, but not all of the characters are that compelling. I do love Narcise and Claude though.

Have you seen Reign? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment