Thursday, December 2, 2021

Home Sweet Home Alone (2021)

Title: Home Sweet Home Alone
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 33 minutes
Release Date: November 12, 2021
Genre(s): Comedy
Production Co.: 20th Century Studios
Director: Dan Mazer
Starring: Ellie Kemper, Rob Delaney, Archie Yates


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who can't get enough of the Home Alone franchise.

What is this about?
A married couple break into a neighbor's house to steal back a valuable item the son stole.

When would be a good time to watch this?
During the holidays when you have nothing better to watch.

Where does it take place?
Chicago.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I wanted to give it a chance despite the terrible trailer.

How did I like this?
I liked it more than I expected. It wasn't as bad as it looked, but it also didn't make much sense. I did think it was kind of funny that Max assumed they were trying to kidnap him when they just wanted their doll back. Unfortunately, everything was so convenient and contrived to set up each scene, I was not into that. It does have heart though and I felt like the ending was more realistic.

The scene with the negligent cop? Was that suppose to be funny? Because that is horrifying! Cops already have a bad rep in the media and that did not help.

Have you seen Home Sweet Home Alone? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment