Monday, November 23, 2020

Hook (1991)

Title: Hook
Rating: PG
Run Time: 2 hours 22 minutes
Release Date: December 11, 1991
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Amblin Entertainment
Director: Steven Spielberg
Starring: Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Julia Roberts


Who would I recommend this to?
Everyone who needs a pinch of fairy dust.

What is this about?
Peter Pan is all grown up and forgotten how to laugh, until his kids are kidnapped by Captain Hook and he returns to Neverland.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Anytime you have 2+ hours for some heartfelt family fun. Or Christmas time, since this is technically a Christmas movie.

Where does it take place?
Neverland!

Why did I decide to watch this?
I don't remember the first time, and I didn't realize this came out when I was two! But this is the only Peter Pan movie that matters.

How did I like this?
I have always loved this movie, and remember having a crush on Captain Hook and Rufio, which should surprise no one. But I have never liked Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell, even though I do like her as an actress. She just didn't seem to fit the role.

This is definitely one of those kid movies with major crossover appeal. I think I had loved it the most as a teenager, actually. But why is it so long?! I'm also finding some things quite questionable as an adult, mostly Peter kissing Moira while she's sleeping and Wendy just stands there?!

Have you seen Hook? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment