Friday, October 16, 2020

Sleepy Hollow (1999)

Title: Sleepy Hollow
Rating: R
Run Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Release Date: November 19, 1999
Genre(s): Horror
Production Co.: Paramount Pictures
Director: Tim Burton
Starring: Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Miranda Richardson


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, and the Headless Horseman.

What is this about?
A headless horseman terrorizes a mall town.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Halloweentime.

Where does it take place?
Sleepy Hollow, New York, in 1799.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I was ten years old when it came out, and I remember watching it with my parents on Pay-Per-View. This was before I was scared of Horror movies. I've seen it countless times since then because I'm obsessed.

How did I like this?
I freaking love this movie. It cemented my crush on Johnny Depp. I think it was also the first time I made connections between movies by the same director and started my obsession with Tim Burton, since my favorite movies are Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It's scary without being scary which is great for me. There are a few jumpy moments, but doesn't leave you feeling like you just had a heart attack and still might die. There's blood, but it's not overly gruesome. And it's oddly funny in places. But I have that dark, macabre humor.

Have you seen Sleepy Hollow? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment