Saturday, October 24, 2020

Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015)

Title: Hotel Transylvania 2
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 29 minutes
Release Date: September 25, 2015
Genre(s): Fantasy, Animation
Production Co.: Columbia Pictures
Director: Genndy Tartakovsky
Starring: Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of wholesome family fun involving vampires and Adam Sandler.

What is this about?
Mavis and Jonathan got married, had a baby, and Daddy Dracula still doesn't want to let his baby go!

When would be a good time to watch this?
After the first one, but before the third one. At Halloweentime.

Where does it take place?
Dracula's castle!

Why did I decide to watch this?
I originally watched it when it first came out because I liked the first one.

How did I like this?
Did they steal one of the triplets from Brave?! And I find the decision to make a children's movie about parenting questionable. Sure, it's good for a few laughs, but I just don't like this plot. It's not necessarily bad...I just don't care. Mavis trying Slurpees is hilarious, but Dracula trying so hard to make his grandson a monster was just...bleh bleh bleh.

Too many gags and forced jokes. That seems to be a trend in sequels for kids. BUT...I did like it better than I did the first time. It does have a special charm.

Have you seen Hotel Transylvania 2? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment