Sunday, October 11, 2020

Death Becomes Her (1992)

Title: Death Becomes Her
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 44 minutes
Release Date: July 31, 1992
Genre(s): Horror, Comedy
Production Co.: Universal Pictures
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Starring: Meryl Streep, Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn


Who would I recommend this to?
People who like quirky '90s movies.

What is this about?
Aging frenemies both take a potion to be young and beautiful forever, except that their rivalry turns undeadly...

When would be a good time to watch this?
During a no-scare Halloween marathon.

Where does it take place?
Los Angeles.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I don't even remember the first time I watched this because I was little, and my mom was watching it. But I do know it always felt like a treat when it come on.

How did I like this?
I've seen it countless times so obviously I'm obsessed. This is also the movie that made me realize that I was queer, even if I didn't have the vocabulary or self-awareness to know that then. I have very vivid memories of being entranced by Lisle and acting out this movie with my Barbies.

Anyway, I just love the dark, morbid humor in this. I've always been drawn to this kind of thing. It's also a smart commentary on how women are treated and viewed as they get older.

Have you seen Death Becomes Her? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment