Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Goosebumps (2015)

Title: Goosebumps
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 43 minutes
Release Date: October 14, 2015
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Columbia Pictures
Director: Rob Letterman
Starring: Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush


Who would I recommend this to?
Those of us who didn't grow up reading Goosebumps and/or Fear Street.

What is this about?
The Goosebumps books are real! OMG! This movie is quite meta...

When would be a good time to watch this?
Halloween time, duh.

Where does it take place?
Madison, Delaware.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I was obsessed with the books and the show and the straight-to-video specials and just generally all things Goosebumps.

How did I like this?
First impression, I don't like Jack Black in this. It didn't feel like a good fit for him. The teen actors were great though.

It didn't hold my attention at all. It was missing the creepy factor that makes the books so lovable. The dummies in Toy Story 4 were more unsettling than this.

Now I want to read some old Goosebumps books...

Have you seen Goosebumps? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment