Friday, May 6, 2022

RuPaul's Drag Race UK - Season 1 (2019)

Title: RuPaul's Drag Race UK - Season 1
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 1 hr
Release Date: October 3, 2019
Genre(s): Reality, Series, LGBTQ+
Production Co.: World of Wonder Productions
Starring: RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Graham Norton, Alan Carr


Who would I recommend this to?
Drag Race fans.

What is this about?
UK Drag Queens compete to be the best!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Immediately.

Where does it take place?
The UK main stage and workroom.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I'd never seen it and needed to fill the hole left behind by season 14.

How did I like this?
I adored it! It's so different from the US show, but still familiar. I loved seeing how drag culture is different across the pond. It was also refreshing for the focus to be on the actual competition, not on the drama between the queens. Not to say that there weren't any fights, but nothing compared to the US queens. At all.

I was very happily entertained for these eight hours.

Have you seen RuPaul's Drag Race UK? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment