Friday, May 13, 2022

Helluva Boss - Season 1 (2019-21)

Title: Helluva Boss - Season 1
Rating: TV-MA
Run Time: 15 mins
Release Date: November 25, 2019
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Comedy, LGBTQ+, Series
Production Co.: SpindleHorse Toons
Creator:Vivienne Medrano
Starring: Brandon Rogers, Richard Steven Horvitz, and Erica Lindbeck


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of dark, adult animation who aren't offended by Hell, child dismemberment, and other macabre topics.

What is this about?
Demon hitmen who take out human targets of revenge.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Those days you just need some really dark humor.

Where does it take place?
Hell and random places around Earth.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I was in a quirky animation mood.

How did I like this?
I love this premise, which is why I watched it. But I am not a fan of gratuitous over-use of F-bombs; it's not edgy. It's just annoying. I was not a fan of the pilot episode, but then...

I was pleasantly surprised by the random musical numbers! And it's genuinely funny. I did LOL for real a couple times. And it's not all F-bombs and sex jokes; these characters have heart!

The animation and character designs are great!. And it's violent without being too gory. And I am 100% here for Blitzo and Stolas. Their relationship definitely has problems, but I adore them and need them to work it out! Communicate, boys!

Have you seen Helluva Boss? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment