Monday, April 25, 2022

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 14 (2022)

 

Title: RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 14
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 1 hour
Release Date: January 7, 2022
Genre(s): Reality, Series, LGBTQ+
Production Co.: World of Wonder Productions
Starring: RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Ross Mathews, Carson Kressley


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of drag and reality competitions.

What is this about?
Drag queens compete to be crowned America's next drag superstar!

When would be a good time to watch this?
While you're stuck at home.

Where does it take place?
The main stage!

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because it's one of my favorite shows!

How did I like this?
This was the first season I watched where I didn't have an absolute favorite that I was cheering for! That's not to say that I didn't enjoy this season. Exactly the opposite. I generally like all of the queens except for one. No one really stood out and the competition was tight for the entire season! This is probably the most times Mama Ru didn't send anyone home after a lip sync. It did make this seasons feel super long though, and then having more "finalists" than the show has ever had? It's a competition! Send them home!

This season did have the absolute worst Snatch Game ever. Seriously. It was so bad. Which was surprising because everyone had been great up until this point! The reunion episode was one of my favorites though as it seemed like the best balance of humor, feelings, and drama. But the final was underwhelming; I just didn't like the format. I was happy with the final two though, and thus the winner as well.

Have you seen RuPaul's Drag Race? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?


No comments:

Post a Comment