Monday, January 29, 2024

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (2011)

Title: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 24 minutes
Release Date: January 7, 2011
Genre(s): Anime, Series, Fantasy, Drama
Production Co.: Shaft
Director: Akiyuki Shinbou
Starring: Aoi Yuuki, Eri Kitamura, Chiwa Saitou


Who would I recommend this to?
Those who like their magical girls more cerebral.

What is this about?
Young girls are asked to protect their hometown from witches.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Uhh...whenever.

Where does it take place?
Somewhere.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I like magical girls and this was highly rated.

How did I like this?
I was not prepared for this. I knew it was tagged as Psychological, but I wasn't sure what that meant. Well, now I know. While I love the idea of putting cute magical girls into these dark, trippy landscapes, it felt more gimmicky than an integral part of the story at first. But as things moved along, all this darkness really starts to affect these girls in real ways.

Have you seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment