Monday, June 13, 2022

Grease (1978)

Title: Grease
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Release Date: June 16, 1978
Genre(s): Romance, Musical
Production Co.: Paramount Pictures
Director: Randal Kleiser
Starring: John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of musicals.

What is this about?
An opposites-attract romance and other relational difficulties

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you want a good singalong.

Where does it take place?
Rydell High School.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I cannot remember the first time I saw this movie, but I've always been fond of musicals.

How did I like this?
I adore this movie. It's delightfully cheesy. Yes, it's super dated and some of the content is questionable by today's standards, but it still holds up really well. The songs are super catchy and the fashion is amazing.

The only thing I don't like about it, and never have, was how Sandy had to be the one to change for Danny. Sure, he put in some effort, but threw it all out when he saw the new Sandy. Do NOT change yourself for a man, even if you do wind up looking super hot and getting a fun duet!

Have you seen Grease? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment