Friday, June 3, 2022

Death Parade (2015)

Title: Death Parade
Rating: TV-MA
Run Time: 24 minutes
Release Date: January 1, 2015
Genre(s): Anime, Drama, Series
Production Co.: Madhouse
Starring: Jamie Marchi, Alex Organ, Asami Seto


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of psychological dramas or dark anime or have an interest in human behavior in the face of death.

What is this about?
People who die together enter a mysterious bar where they're forced to play a game to determine their fate.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you're in the mood for something twisted.

Where does it take place?
Quindecim, a kind of limbo...

Why did I decide to watch this?
The premise was too interesting to ignore.

How did I like this?
First impression, I was not expecting that intro song! I am here for it! Also, the premise is even better than I thought. You never really know someone until their life is at stake...and I thought I knew where things were going, but nope. This show will keep you guessing!

It does get less dark and twisted as it moves along, but gets more introspective. It really make you think about what it means to be human and really live.

Have you seen Death Parade? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

1 comment:

  1. I watched this one a while back and I really liked it! I agree, the premise was super interesting! It's what made me want to watch it. (But also there's this theory that Light from Death Note is one of the participants, and that also piqued my interest lol)

    ReplyDelete