Monday, April 3, 2023

Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical (2022)

Title: Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical
Rating:  PG
Run Time: 1 hour 57 minutes
Release Date: December 25, 2022
Genre(s): Musical, Drama, Fantasy
Production Co.: Netflix
Director: Matthew Warchus
Starring: Alisha Weir, Emma Thompson, Lashana Lynch


Who would I recommend this to?
Not fans of the '90s movie.

What is this about?
A very smart, but neglected girl discovers a power to change her life.

When would be a good time to watch this?
If you have two hours to kill and nothing better to do.

Where does it take place?
The UK somewhere...Truchen Hall school.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I love the '90s Matilda movie.

How did I like this?
It was fine. It's really nothing like the movie, since it's based on the stage production which I know nothing about. I do like how it leans into the darker themes, but it's also missing an element of fun. Matilda's storytelling was never explained and just felt like padding which slowed the movie down as a whole.

The songs also aren't great. The only one I really liked was Miss Honey's, and that alphabet song was pretty clever.

Have you seen Matilda the Musical? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment