Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Tropic Thunder (2008)

Title: Tropic Thunder
Rating: R
Run Time: 1 hour 47 minutes
Release Date: August 13, 2008
Genre(s): Comedy, Action
Production Co.: Dreamworks
Director: Ben Stiller
Starring: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr.


Who would I recommend this to?
Are you easily offended? Yes? Not you!

What is this about?
Actors on location get pulled into real world conflict without knowing it's not in the script.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you want to reminisce about the early 2000s.

Where does it take place?
The jungles of Vietnam.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I originally saw this in theaters because it looked hilarious. Now I just wanted to see how bad it truly was.

How did I like this?
This movie cracked me up the first time. It's so over-the-top and ridiculous and there's no way not to laugh. I totally know that this movie could never be made today though. People are too easily offended, even when something is clearly satire and showing how problematic these attitudes are. Do Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. think Black-face is acceptable? Most likely not, and I think the movie clearly shows that it IS a problem.

It's still funny though. And this is probably the only movie I like Tom Cruise in.

Have you seen Tropic Thunder? What did you think?
If not would you watch it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment