Friday, September 10, 2021

iCarly - Season 1 (2021)


Title: iCarly
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 24 minutes
Release Date: June 12, 2021
Genre(s): Comedy, Series
Production Co.: Awesomeness Films, Nickelodeon Studios
Starring: Miranda Cosgrove, Jerry Trainor, Nathan Kress


Who would I recommend this to?
iCarly fans! This is for us!

What is this about?
Carly Shay is all grown up and rebooting her webshow!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Right now.

Where does it take place?
Seattle, Washington.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I loved the original iCarly.

How did I like this?
This is A+ from episode one! It's the iCarly we all loved but with more mature content! Well...not "mature" content, but like adult jokes and life problems. Harper is the best and she is the source for lots of the sex jokes.

They did recycle a lot of the original running jokes though, and it was funny at first, but I would have liked a bit more...separation? But also, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I do love love love how they tackle and comment on current issues with humor. I was dying during episode 5 when Harper and Spencer make a bet to get the most phone numbers at the wedding and he points out that she's pansexual and she says "I know you didn't try to say your at a disadvantage because you're straight." YES QUEEN!

Have you seen iCarly? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?



No comments:

Post a Comment